“Looking for a portable speaker to boost up the sound from your iPhone? We’ve got something to help you out.”
Our smartphones are now a necessity for the day. It helps us on a lot of things, from waking us up in the morning with its alarm, helping us navigate our fastest route to work, searching recipes for dinner, to playing us piano instrumental to sleep. All of these are brought about now by smartphones. One smartphone that brings most of the functionality is the iPhone.
So, what do you use your iPhone for? Aside from texting, calling, or capturing photos, do you use it for other purposes? Like playing music? Of course, yes! But even though there is the iPod to stream music, we know that the iPhone can also do the job right. For us, audiophiles, aside from the basic functionalities, we use the iPhone to play our most favorite tracks! And that’s a fact.
But if ever you’re not satisfied with how iPhones stream music or how this Apple device produce sound with its built-in speaker, then it may be a great time for you to add something with it. Why not a portable speaker for your iPhone?
Now that the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are doing great in the market, we had the idea to feature 6 top choice portable speakers for these devices (including the iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, and others).
So here’s the list:
1. Bose SoundLink MiniFirst in the list is Bose’s addition to its portable speaker line, the Bose SoundLink Mini ($179.00).The Bose SoundLink Mini is designed to produce amazing sound quality for its size. Even of it is compact, this portable Bluetooth speaker sounds great. For its small size, the sound produced by this speaker is rich in rich, crisp, and powerful. By the way, for its power, the Bose SoundLink Mini can last up to 7 hours.
We have reviewed this portable speaker before and mentioned something with its design. If you will see, the Bose SoundLink Mini is made of aluminum case which shows similarity to the build of Apple’s devices. And if not because of the Bose logo in the Bose SoundLink Mini’s grille, you would absolutely mistake it as an Apple product. That’s one thing why we considered the Bose SoundLink Mini to be a part of this list. From the design itself, you will absolutely feel the connection of this portable speaker with your iPhone.
The Bose SoundLink Mini can stream audio wirelessly from your iPhone via Bluetooth. If you prefer to use wired connection from your iPhone to the Bose SoundLink Mini, then you can use its 3.5mm input.
2. Soundfreaq Pocket KickThe Soundfreaq Pocket Kick is a decent portable speaker with something to offer at a price of $79.99. When it comes to great sound quality, the Soundfreaq Pocket Kick has it. Even at a size that can fit in your pockets, this portable speaker delivers surprisingly loud and detailed sound. Just like its name, the sound coming from this portable speaker has got some “kick” into it. In terms of battery life, it can stay for up to 10 hours.
The Soundfreaq Pocket Kick is available in three colors: Black, Platinum, and Gold, great to pair your silver or gold iPhone 5 or iPhone 6. It measure 2.5 x 5.9 x 12 inches, which makes it perfectly suitable for your pockets. It is very portable as well as very sleek and modern-looking.
To pair your iPhone with it, Bluetooth is built within the Soundfreaq Pocket Kick. With this, you can wirelessly stream your music while partying in your living room or even your bedroom. In addition, you can make conference calls because this portable speaker doubles as a speakerphone.
3. Beats Pill 2.0The Beats by Dr. Dre Pill 2.0 is the newer and enhanced version of the original Beats Pill that is selling around $200.00 . Similar to the first one, this portable speaker has got a lot of attention. To let you know also, Beats has been acquired by Apple so we know that this portable speaker can be perfect with your iPhones.
For the design, the Beats Pill 2.0 roughly resembles the first version. It is indeed very portable, compact, and lightweight making it perfect to carry around all day. For the colors, we would actually suggest both the silver and white to be paired best with your iPhone.
4. UE BoomUE, or Ultimate Ears, has created a portable speaker that excels on both sound quality and design. This is the UE Boom.
The UE Boom is a compact portable wireless speaker with an outstanding performance. It perfectly sounds better than competitor’s portable speakers in the market. From the name itself, the UE Boom has the “boom” factor in its sound quality. The sound coming from this portable speaker is crisp, clear, and loud. Also, it produces a 360-degree sound that can fill an entire room. For its battery life, the UE Boom lasts up to 12 hours.
UE Boom is available in six exciting colors: moss green, red, blue, pink, white, and black. It is designed to have a cylindrical body, like a shape of a large energy drink can. It is very compact, lightweight, and functional. In addition, you’ll not get to worry on splashing it with water because the UE Boom is water resistant.
You can pair this portable speaker with your iPhone via Bluetooth. For easier pairing, the UE Boom is built with NFC capability.
Fifth in the list of top choice portable speakers for iPhone is the Klipsch Gig, the smallest model of Klipsch’s line of portable wireless speakers. The Klipsch Gig is a compact portable speaker that, considering its size, produces a detailed sound that is really enjoyable and satisfying. It supports Apt-X technology that allows for higher audio fidelity. Aside from powerful sound, the Klipsch Gig has a strong bass. Also, if compared from other small portable speakers, the Klipsch Gig has a very long battery life which is up to 12 hours.
This portable speaker is very well-designed. It is very appealing and absolutely stands out. The Klipsch Gig is designed with a removable wrap around band that has added functionality aside from making it look great, which is to serve as a stand for its body. This portable speaker is available in both black and white, which is great to pair with your iPhone devices.
In terms of connectivity, you can connect your iPhone with the Klipsch Gig via Bluetooth. The Klipsch Gig is also built with NFC capability for easier pairing.
6. Jawbone Mini JamboxLast in the list is the Jawbone Mini Jambox, the younger version of the Jawbone Jambox. As we said in our previous review, Jawbone Mini Jambox breaks the belief of “bigger speaker for bigger sound quality” and the expectation of “smaller sound from a smaller speaker”.Despite having a smaller size compared from the first versions, the Mini Jambox offers the audio quality that is comparable to other excellent mid-sized wireless portable speakers being sold in the market. For a small size this portable speaker absolutely delivers solid sound. For the battery, Jawbone Mini Jambox is packed with a battery life of up to 8 hours.
The Mini Jambox is made with a single piece of anodized aluminum, similar to the aluminum body of Apple’s devices. With its anodized aluminum enclosure, the Jawbone Mini Jambox looks absolutely better and more elegant. It comes in multiple color options, 9 vibrant colors to be exact.
The Mini Jawbone Jambox supports Bluetooth connectivity so this surely supports connection with your iPhone devices. In addition, this portable speaker also doubles as a speakerphone allowing you to stream your calls.
We all just love listening to music with our smartphones, especially with our own iPhones. But if you want better and louder sound as well as something you want to add with your iPhone, these 6 top choice portable speakers are the best things you would want to actually consider and buy.